Duane W. Newton, PhD
- Associate Professor, Epidemiology, School of Public Health
- Associate Professor, Pathology, Health System
- Director, Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
- Associate Director, Division of Clinical Pathology
- UH 2F461
- 1500 E. Medical Center Drive
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5054
Dr. Newton completed Post-Doctoral training at the University of Tennessee and the VA Medical Center in Memphis, Tennessee from 1993-1998, and a Clinical and Public Health Microbiology Fellowship at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Clinical Microbiology Laboratories in Rochester, New York from 1998-2000. In 2000 he was appointed as Manager of the Virology/Immunology Section of the Department of Community Health, Division of Infectious Diseases, Bureau of Laboratories for the State of Michigan and as Adjunct Assistant Professor for the Michigan State University Medical Technology Program. In 2002, he joined the faculty of the Department of Pathology at the University of Michigan Medical School as Clinical Assistant Professor and Associate Director of the Microbiology/Virology Laboratories. Dr. Newton was named Director of Microbiology/Virology Laboratories in 2003, and received his certification as a Diplomate by the American Board of Medical Microbiology in 2004.
- PhD, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Dayton, Ohio, 1993
- B.S., Biology, University of Dayton, Ohio, 1988
- Development of molecular assays for the diagnosis and management of infectious diseases.