- Students must have completed at least 1 semester of study in the School of Public Health
- 168 hours minimum (departments may have additional requirements)
- Internship Registration and Search Process including signed expectations packet
- Pre-departure Learning Plan or Agreement per departmental guidance
Epidemiology, Environmental Health Sciences, Health Behavior Health Education, and Nutrition required a poster and presentation on the internship experience in the fall of their second year. These departments also offer a credit reduction reflecting hours completed.
Detailed information about requirements and paperwork components can be found in the Heights.
Applied Practice Experience (APEx)
Many internships will also fulfill an APEx curriculum requirement. The APEx experience can be met through one or multiple experiences and can occur throughout the student's time in the degree program.
In addition to the above requirements, and APEx will:
- Thoughtfully engage a non-academic practice partner
- Connect to public health or departmental competencies
- Product (or 2) useful to community member which integrate public health competencies.
Additional information regarding the APEx requirement found here.
The internship and applied practice are important parts of your curriculum and therefore each department has unique . Your department will provide you with guidance in identifying internship resourrequirementsces and understanding program requirements. Should you have questions, your department Program Coordinator or internship can help you to ensure all criteria are met and proper steps are followed.
Any time a student on an F1 visa is engaging on projects/work/products outside of the classroom (e.g. APEx, internship, student organizations, class projects, etc), they should be consulting with the International Center to ask if a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) visa is necessary.
For questions regarding your Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Visa, please contact the International Center at least one month before your internship begins
For additional information and guidance see the internship requirements page on the Heights.